Sunday, September 20, 2015

Antelope Island

Looking for Owls


     Ironically, my purpose in borrowing the Tamron 150-600mm lens was to photograph Owls out on the island. Mike at Farr's Jewelry in Ogden, Utah. has a great selection of lenses to rent and since I have this new found love of owls, I went to see him in search of a bigger lens, what better way to see if you like a lens, than to try one out first.

     My recent visit the zoo started this new obsession and I wanted to see some, not stuck behind glass. So, with the lens in hand, I had a plan. Here is one from the zoo.



 Jeff, a friend of mine and suggested a few places to check while I was out there. His blog can be found here:

http://jeffejensen.blogspot.com/

       My daughter and I left the house just after 6 am and we were on the island before the sun rose. I checked quite a few places and was not able to find any. We did however, see a small group of Pronghorn. It wasn't the quarry I was after, but they are beautiful animals.



















     Even saw Wiley coyote, funny thing is, the only thing I could think about while shooting these pictures, was the road runner from the car show--yesterday!





     All in all, it's an amazing lens for about a thousand dollars and worth the money for what it does, I will definitely be getting one, I still have to go back and find those Owls!

1 comment: