Monday, June 20, 2016

The Unitas, after winter's long slumber

Unita Mountains


     It's been a long winter and I definitely didn't spend as much time as i would have liked to up there in one of the places I believe is heaven on earth. There was less snow than I expected and still melting, leaving a muddy mess on the trail. My first stop was Trial lake and even though the ice is gone, the lank still slumbered.




     All together!


     I missed the sunset at the look out near Bald mountain, however I'm happy with the above panoramic. Once back at camp and before settling in for the night, I tried a few night shots, it was a little difficult with such a bright moon, but I'm pleased with how this one turned out.


          The next morning, brought a beautiful sight at the overlook and convinced me to go check out Wall lake.


          Wall lake with Mount Watson in the background.

   
     After a few shots of the lake, I shot the waterfall on the way out. The snow is melting fast and the trails are drying quite nicely. I can't wait until I return.



No comments:

Post a Comment